Skip to main content

Children In Care Council

Shaping the future of care in Bury

Problems or complaints

What can you do if you have a problem?

If you have a problem or concern the best thing to do is to talk to someone you trust. You could talk to:

  • Your Social Worker
  • Your Key Worker
  • Your Independent Reviewing Officer
  • Your Advocate
  • Your Independent Visitor
  • A teacher
  • A foster carer
  • A family member
  • A friend

If you don't feel like you have anyone to talk to or have talked to any of these people and you still don't feel happy and if things have not changed, then you could make a complaint. 

You have the right to complain about any services or accommodation you have received. You do not need to be worried about making a complaint. It can be a good way of making things change for the better.

To make a complaint you can ring the complaints team on 0161 253 5488.

What will happen after I make a complaint?

If you contact the complaints team with a complaint, they will then come and talk to you in confidence about why you are not happy. They will tell you about what will happen next and how long it will take. They will also let you know what changes may be made to make things better for you.