Our promise to you, from Bury Council and other people, about what you should expect them to do for you whilst you are in care.
What is our pledge?
Our pledge is a list of promises and commitments put together by the Children in Care Council, Council members and senior managers from Bury Council. The pledge is a promise to you from Bury Council and other people, about what you should expect them to do for you whilst you are in care. This pledge has been signed by many different sections in Bury Council to make sure you are happy, healthy and receive the best care possible.
Our Commitments to you are
- We will always tell you why you are in care
- We will make sure that you live with people that care about you and keep you safe
- We will let you live with your brothers and sisters and make sure you understand the reason if this is not possible
- We will involve you in decisions that affect you
- We will help you to talk about your feelings and listen to what you have to say
- We will support you to take part in hobbies and leisure activities
- We will help you to do well at school, college and university
- We will make sure that you can live with your foster carers up until the age of 21 if this is what you want to do